Upcoming Worship Plans
Dear North Bedford Family,
It’s time to talk about our plans to get back inside our church building together on Sunday mornings!
As I mentioned this past Sunday – July 12 will be the day that we’re all back inside together, if the Lord wills.
This coming Sunday, July 5, we will still hold our parking lot service just as we have been.
Here is the plan for Sunday, July 12:
– Times: We will return to pre-quarantine service times: Sunday School at 9:45 and Worship at 11:00. There will be no preschool SS classes or nursery.
– Sanctuary: Our Worship Service that day will be inside the building. Because of required social distancing guidelines, you will find when you come inside the sanctuary that every other pew/row has been roped off and is not available for seating. Additionally, on the pews/rows that are open, blue tape marks a 6 foot distance in the middle of each pew and row. Of course families are encouraged to sit together, and that will help the number of people that can fit into the sanctuary – however space between family groups/individuals needs to be the required 6 feet.
– Fellowship Hall Overflow: We anticipate that we will not all be able to fit everyone into the sanctuary, so we will have livestream video from the service available in the Fellowship Hall as an overflow room. Tables and chairs with appropriate distancing will be set up to accommodate participation in the service.
– Nursery: We will not be able to provide a nursery during the worship service.
– Parking Lot: We will return to normal parking, using the marked spaces. Additionally, there may be some of us who would prefer to continue participating in the worship service from their vehicles so…We will continue to provide fm radio broadcasting of the worship service and a speaker in the parking lot for those who would prefer to remain there.
– Bulletins: We will not be producing weekly bulletins. Announcements will be made verbally.
– Cleaning: All used areas in the church are being disinfected before and after each use
– Physical Contact: We will not have a “Meet & Greet” time during the worship service, as we have in the past. Sadly, we need to discourage hugs and handshakes.
– Masks: the Governor of Virginia has made masks mandatory inside all public indoor spaces. A limited number of face masks will be available at the church for use during church indoor gatherings.
This is a lot of information. Don’t hesitate to give me or one of our Deacons a call or shoot us an email with questions any time.
Also, the situation seems to change weekly, so please keep checking back for updates!
I can’t wait until we can all be inside and together again!
“I was glad when they said to me ‘Let us go to the House of the Lord!'” Psalm 122:1
Confidently Trusting Him,